Sunday, November 26, 2017


Yesterday was the big bazaar. Big was an overstatement. There were less than 20 vendors and even less customers. I didn't get skunked though. I made $10. It's frustrating as I was really needed to make sales there. 


That's okay. I'll find another place next weekend. Even though nobody showed, I was happy and proud of my setup. This was everything Kitty and I had left that we have made over the last several years. My space was colorful and unique. It was much nicer than last year.


Check out our room divider, turned into a display stand for hanging goods. Our Alaska Winter Windows from last year hung well there. 'Legislative Branch of Congress', Mourning after the Rain', and our Tiki Masks looked good together.



Death of a Butterfly is a beautiful piece. It's unique and original. It is a stunning piece if I can get someone to look at it. It received a few cursory glances and that's it. Almost sold a couple other pieces but they never came back. It seems these days that people are expecting me to give our work away which I will not do. Prices were reasonable. When you only have a dozen or so customers, there's no chance. 




That's okay, I move on. I came home last night and finished our cabinet. I have to find door pulls for it and it is ready. It looks even better than I expected. With a rich old world look, the red mahogany gives this piece a regal and classy look. Somebody will like it!


Okay my autistic friends. Here is where I have learned over the last few years. With all the negatives I just described for you, I should be feeling really bad now. I should be close to a meltdown and my brain obsessing on the negative for a week or two. I should be lying in the fetal position trying to shut out the disappointment. I should be freaking out because the money I need didn't come.



I”M NOT! I no longer let myself go there. It happens from time to time but not like I used to. I'll find another bazaar next weekend. I'll set up again. I'll sell our stuff and talk to people. I'm still not good at it but getting better. I would never make a good salesman but I am learning how to talk to people and not be negative, condescending, or just plain weird. The upside of not selling yesterday is I don't have to make a bunch of stuff by next Saturday. I can move on to other projects. 


I don't remember if I told you or not but a disabled veteran wants me to make him a coffee table and a pair of end tables. I've had to put that on hold getting all of our other projects out the door. It's time for my vet. We've decided on the table. I just need to figure now how to get the supplies I need. Yesterday was supposed to take care of that. I want to try and get this project done by Christmas for him. 

 

I have also put the doll house on hold for everything else. We want it done also and out the door for Christmas. Plus, we start listing eBay all over again. This is going to be an elegant auction featuring vintage and antique tea sets, tea pots, and ladies antique hand bags. Can you say the worlds best collection of Whiting and Davis?



To my autistic friends I have one more thing. My entire life I never did anything because I was afraid of failure. I have failed many times over the years. I failed so much I quit trying anything new or out of my comfort zone. I may fail at I what I'm doing now but it's not because I didn't try. If I do fail, I'll try again. And again. And again. I've done this enough now that I'm more comfortable out of my comfort zone than in it. Everything will work and come together. It just takes time. Good things don't happen overnight.



ArcticArtique.BlogSpot.Com

Recycle Repurpose Reuse

No comments:

Post a Comment