Sunday, November 12, 2017


Hi everybody! Once again I have gotten so busy I haven't had time to post for a while. As you can see, several projects are once again in the works. Nothing is quite finished yet but all are getting close.


It looks like the drop leaf on our island was another brilliant idea from Kitty! It made the perfect space to finish the doll house. It's starting to come alive. 


Check out this old 80's cabinet. We found this at our local Salvation Army thrift store. It was very close to being a basket case but with clamps, glue, sand paper, stain, and shellac it is getting a whole new life. I should finish it today. I can't wait!


This plain MDF table cost us 5 bucks at a different thrift store. As you can see, it's not plain anymore. I've got some stenciling to do, but this is going to be an interesting chess and checker board.


For all my friends out there, I want you to realize that you can do this too. If you're like me (and we're all similar in the autism world) you probably have no idea what you can do. If it wasn't for Kitty, I wouldn't know I could do this. For so long, I've had others beat me down and say that I can't do this or why bother trying that. I believed them. I was afraid to step out of my comfort zone and just do it. 


I think I'm starting to get good at this now. I have more confidence in how I rebuild and enhance things now. I don't have to ask Kitty and check for her approval every step of the way now. That's an issue I've had most of my life. That's also a big reason I've gone through so many friends and relationships over the years. People thought I was clingy, needy, and just plain weird because of the different ways I've gone about doing everything my entire life. I'm not certain but believe that is an autistic trait.


I'm fortunate that I found someone like Kitty. She loves me or who and what I am. We've had our hard times learning to live with each other (most of the hard times came from her hard headed, resistant to change, everything is all about me husband), but she has staid with me through it all. Kitty has shown me what real love and compassion is. I've got a long way to go, but maybe in a couple more lifetimes, I will be a little more like her. She is the one who taught me about autism. She was the one to teach me to step out of my comfort zone and try new things. I guess everything she taught me has finally sank in and is working!

Ever seen a magic wand light up?

I will always be autistic and have my idiosyncrasies. I will always be the odd duck in a room full of geese. I will always be the kid on the edge of the dance floor not able to get out and dance with the rest of the kids. I dance a bit like Herman Munster. That's okay as don't have to get others approval anymore. I no longer feel the need to not be me just to try and fit it. It took me many years of trying and failing and trying again to finally come to the realization that I'm happy with myself. I'm not making money anymore with my career gone but I enjoy what I do once again!

 
Mourning After The Rain


Peace!

ArcticArtique.BlogSpot.Com

Recycle, Repurpose, Reuse

No comments:

Post a Comment