Thursday, October 26, 2017


What a week this has been. We got the end tables for the 1800's furniture set. We've got the whole ensemble. Our first eBay auction of the season just wrapped up. We did good for our first time out this year. Sold some cool Halloween stuff and made more online friends. We'll be starting a new auction up in the next several days. We've got lot's of cool Alaskana to show while Thanksgiving grows closer.




Besides eBay, we've been selling on our local Facebook pages too. A little here, a little there! Anyway, I made a blanket chest a couple years ago. Made from rough cut spruce, it was pretty cool. We finally listed the chest locally and it didn't sell. What did happen though was some dude asked me if I would fix his wife's cedar hope chest for him. All because he saw my picture. The guy turns out to be a disabled vet. The chest has been around a while, it was made for his wife when she was 16 by her father. Like I said, its been around a while. The movers didn't handle it with too much care. It was busted up and he asked me to fix it. It's unfortunate I wasn't able to find any red cedar here. I got the color close but not quite a match. I'll take it back to him this weekend, weather permitting. This is Alaska, after all!



I've had another project in mind for a while. Kitty thought of this way back when and I finally got everything I needed today. Check it out. You remember the island, right? I put a big drop leaf with gate legs on it today. One thing we need here is working space. This is perfect. A month or so ago we brought home a couple sets of bi-fold doors. Somebody threw them away. Great shape just old and out of date. Out of three panels, we have a room divider/backdrop/set. It's pretty versatile. 




We had one panel left and I've been carrying it around for a while. Turns out it is the perfect size for the island. I made a couple gate legs that tuck out of the way when the table is down and pivot out to support the table when it's up. It's a sturdy set up. Looks cool too. 


Oops.  Had to move the hinge!
This is where our next big ArcticArtique project is going to happen. Last winter we put together an 80's wooden doll house. Once spring and helicopter season got here that project was put on hold. Well, fall is here and helicopter season is gone. It's time to finish the doll house. We want this to be a big sell this winter. We're counting on it. It's gonna be good. Gonna be a busy winter!




ArcticArtique.BlogSpot.Com

Recycle, Repurpose, Reuse

No comments:

Post a Comment