Wednesday, August 30, 2017


I've said it before. My life is never dull. I showed you our new cabin during my last post. We had finally started moving. My helicopter days were done. Or so I thought.

I got a call Thursday to see if I could set with my helicopter once again. It's still in Oregon. Oregon is burning. It seems the mechanic who was set to do relief was a little busy evacuating Harvey. Go figure...All the way at the top of the world, my life was affected by a hurricane at the bottom of the country. I initially turned it down as we are in the middle of our move and I have junk everywhere. We're running out of time as always and I was getting into a groove.

 I told Kitty about the phone call and she just looked at me like I was an alien without a clue. Next thing you know, I'm sitting in Oregon in the middle of fires and smoke everywhere.

The fires are getting bad. There is nowhere you can go to escape the smoke. It was so smoky that we weren't able to fly much of the time.

This was a quick four day trip and I'm now home moving yet again. I've got 15 days to be out and the property cleaned. We've got eBay going with Halloween stuff and are listing old projects online. Basically, the purge is on!

Keep staying tuned. We will at some point be back to normal or at least what is normal for us!

I wasn't able to get many pics but these should give you an idea of just how much smoke is here, and it's not going away. I close tonight with a question and answer for you. What do you call a hurricane that's named after a guy?

A Himmicane!

ArcticArtique.BlogSpot.Com
ArcticArtique.Com


With so many natural disasters happening the world over, our thoughts and prayers go out out to all around the globe who are affected.

No comments:

Post a Comment