Thursday, August 24, 2017


It's moving time once again. Check this out, it's smaller than where we are, farther out of town than we are, but this is going to be so much nicer than where we are!


Helicopter season is over for me. Once again, it's time to get ready for another long Alaska winter. That means working from home. Kitty and I have been working toward this position for a couple of years now. We've done this several times before. I've learned a lot. ArcticArtique is once again going to go full bore. Failure is not an option. There is a market and a niche for what we do. We'll never get rich but we have survived.


It's hard to believe the roller coaster ride and how far we've come the last couple years. For those of you new to my blog, my career went away a few years ago. Due to a lack of work and myself having a midlife crisis and prolonged meltdown at same time, we had to sell our beautiful home before we lost it. We then camped for the summer as nobody would rent to us. They didn't like Oni, Kitty's service wolf. Coolest dog I ever met. Anyway, we were technically homeless for three months.


That was an eye opener and the beginning of my post helicopter career education. I will never look at a homeless person the same again. It's not fun and our homelessness problem is getting worse.


Anyway, we started ArcticArtique out of desperation. We weren't a name, we were just surviving the only way she knew how. Art. For the first time I finally started learning to trust my wife and follow her lead. We pulled stuff out of the dump then rebuilt it. I didn't have a clue what I was doing, I learned on the fly. I had never lived by the seat of my pants before.


Long story short, it's worked so far. I scrape together what work I can find and we make stuff. Don't remember how the name came out, we talked all the time. If you don't have a tv you get real bored if you don't talk. We've drawn from the food bank at times. I hope to pay them back someday. The one thing I have not done since this all began is panhandlers corner. I have not begged even when times were at their worst. I don't believe in it. Now we're moving up the next step.


We're purging any and everything we don't need. If it's not necessary for us or ArcticArtique, it's going away. We're getting down to fighting weight now. While we're doing all of this, we have started listing on eBay. It has sustained us in the past and it is going to again. We're heavy on unique Halloween right now but have so much cool stuff to show all through the holidays. Check it out...ArcticArtique on eBay...yep, that's a plug.


Between online sales, getting the website up and fully running now, and making and creating here I think we're going to make it. I get the shop set up and can use it finally. It's moving time once again. It's gonna work!


ArcticArtique.BlogSpot.Com
ArcticArtique.Com

1 comment: