Friday, December 15, 2017


What do you do when the chips are down? Do you stress? Do you panic? Do you pace back and forth and all around with so many thoughts spinning through your head that you can't make sense of any of them as they all jumble together to form one big incoherent lump of emotion?


If you answered yes to any and all of these questions, you may live on the spectrum. Autism is a weird thing. We're all the same but at the same time we're all very different. I scroll through my various autistic groups, sometimes posting, sometimes commenting, and notice a little piece of myself in every question, comment, statement, rant, and rave I read. 

 

It's no coincidence our numbers are growing with the ever increasing amount of vaccines our young are required to receive. I know there are naysayers to this theory and that is fine. That is what our 1st Amendment right is all about...Freedom to believe your opinion, albeit you should have the facts to back yourself up when in debate.



I come from an area with a long history of lead and iron mining from back in the day when there were no regulations. Mercury was a prominent element used in the extraction of these minerals. I remember the iron mine where my dad used to work. He was underground for a long time before moving into an office. I remember the tailings and slurry pond looking like a lake it was so big.



To this day, rivers in the area are posted as
DO NOT EAT THE FISH DUE TO MERCURY CONTAMINATION

You cannot make me believe that in an area with signs such as this on our waterways that a lot of mercury hasn't leeched into to the water supply there. My family grew up in this area. My entire family lives on the spectrum. This area has a higher than average rate of autism and ADHD. ADHD diagnoses are prevalent as the testing healthcare 'professionals' only test for that. They have no interest in digging further for the full report. There is a lot of money in the marketing of
Ritalin.



All of you younger kids out here, I know how you feel. All of you younger kids out here, I've experienced most if not all of the problems, quirks, and idiosyncrasies you talk about. Believe me, I understand.
Been There Done That!

Ever feel like these guys?

All of those questions I asked at the start of this post are reflections of my past. I can answer YES to every one of them. I have lived with me for my entire life. I have failed and I have failed and I have failed.



I have also conquered all. Although I have had many meltdowns over the course of my life, and the shunning of supposed friends, and having to work harder than everyone else just to stay even, I made it.



I understand me now. I'm not crazy...I'm autistic. I am unique. I am an individual.



I am me.

Ever feel like this mountain...Surrounded by clouds?

God didn't break the mold after he made me. He saved it for those so chosen to evolve. Our ranks are now swelling. 

To Infinity And Beyond!

We are the meek that shall inherit the earth!

ArcticArtique.BlogSpot.Com

Recycle Repurpose Reuse

No comments:

Post a Comment