Tuesday, August 1, 2017


Here I am sitting in Fairbanks, another fire season come and gone.
When things happen, they happen fast. We got the call that the helicopter was being repositioned to the Lower 48 on Friday. We flew to Fairbanks on Saturday then the machine left without me Sunday. My season is done, I'm not going with the helicopter. As I've said before, it's time for me to stay home with my wife.

Arctic Artique is about to go full bore as soon as we get moved and set up. The sooner the better, but I'll talk about that later. My time with Fire Service in Galena was good. I met a lot of good people and took part in trying to protect my state. I have no idea if I'll be back next year but felt I presented myself well while I was there.

I had something very cool happen since the last time we talked. You remember the fire and all of my stuff going up in flames. All the things I had made to put on the website were reduced to ashes. One of the local artists heard what happened. She gave me this birch bark basket that had just been completed. Along with the basket was a hand made kusbuk she had also just finished. There was a note that simply said these are a donation to your website. I was floored as no one has ever done anything like that for me. It was an honor. These will be the first items listed on ArcticArtique.Com

If you're wondering about the pictures today, I have news. As my old camera was fading fast, we made the decision to upgrade while we had the chance. These are the first pictures with my new camera package that has just about every attachment I am going to need moving forward. This is going to be a good move but I have a lot to learn with the different lenses. I have found that the bigger lenses are going to wobble in my hand. Learning is going to be fun.

It's time to get the day started. I just wanted to make sure and touch base with everybody. Get ready as lot's of changes are coming once again.

ArcticArtique.BlogSpot.Com
ArcticArtique.Com

Recycle, Repurpose, Reuse






Good by little helicopter!

No comments:

Post a Comment