Sunday, July 9, 2017


Alaska.
The final frontier.
These are the voyages of the earth mutant Scott.
To seek out new life.
To find opportunity wherever it hides!


With that being said, I’m not supposed to be here.  The weird kid from Missouri that was always on the outside looking in.  By today’s standards I should be medicated for all of my fears, anxieties, and quirks with someone checking in on me.



When I was young we didn’t know about the spectrum.  When I was young the only exposure the public had to autism were the oddity docu-news pieces showing off so-called Idiot Savants…someone that had extraordinary talents but couldn’t speak in coherent sentences or tie their own shoelaces.

Since we had no knowledge of the spectrum, nobody ever told me that I couldn’t do what I tried to do.  I failed miserably many times when I was young.  I tried and tried but nothing worked.  Even though I didn’t know it at the time, I kept learning and I kept trying.  I was still the weird kid that didn’t quite fit in.  But I did it.



From Missouri to San Diego to the Gulf of Oman to Australia to Missouri to Alaska, I did it all and I did it my way.  Did I make things much harder than necessary? Yes, I did.  There were many ups and downs over the years.  I survived.  I made it through.  Life has indeed been a journey.



My newest journey has already begun.  Forging a new life in Alaska.  Learning to create and fend for myself.  Learning to appreciate beauty wherever it is.  Learning to create my unique vision of art alongside my wife and best friend Kitty.



ArcticArtique.BlogSpot.Com
ArcticArtique.Com

Roll With The Changes

REO SpeedWagon

No comments:

Post a Comment