Friday, June 30, 2017


It is summer once again in Alaska.  Fire season is slow again.  Although there is not much happening here in Galena, the home front is heating up.



Kitty and I are no longer a part of the store below Denali.  Things didn’t work out as we had hoped.  I borrowed a van, drove down, and picked up our merchandise earlier this week. We are going back to the online business with a vengeance this fall and winter.

Arctic Artique is going to be busy.  Since there is not much happening in camp, I am taking this time to get a jump on our unique brand of art.  As I am a bit of a shutter bug and amateur wood worker, we decided to get in to the Made in Alaska tourist market. 



This is my prototype, the first of its kind.  I am custom making frames to house my original photography.  All materials have been reclaimed and saved from the landfill once again!

I’m making as many of these as possible while here to get a jump on August when I am once again, out of work.  Alaska can be a hard life but it is what you make it.  When I return to town I will be talking to some vendor outlets that enjoy a lot of tourist visitors this time of year.  The way I see it, who wouldn’t want to take home a unique memory of Alaska that hasn’t been seen before.  Plus, they’re not made in China.



These will only get better with time and practice.  The first one turned out pretty dang good. I’ve had positive feedback already.  I’m excited!

We have many more items in the works.  I’m going to be busy.  It’s time for Kitty to have down time or she won’t be with me much longer.  She has taught me everything I need to know and do during our few short years together.  For me, it’s now final exam and graduation time.  Watch for an exciting winter from Arctic Artique.



ArcticArtique.BlogSpot.Com

It’s Time For Me To Fly

By the way, I have a correction to make.  If you remember, I told you that ‘Legacy’ was the first boat into Galena during the Yukon 800.  I got the boat right but I got the name wrong.



             Legacy is the name of the boats sponsor.               Legacy Funeral Homes of Alaska.

The name of the boat is


Be By Billy Bones Express



I was informed of this mistake the morning after I plastered my pictures everywhere by a very special friend.  There is a meaning to the boats name and a story to go with it but I have not been privy to that yet so don’t ask!  Maybe someday I’ll learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment