Tuesday, May 2, 2017


One nice thing about living in Alaska is that you don't have to go see the wildlife. It comes to you.
Right in the middle of getting ready for camp and working on the doll house and packing for our upcoming move and running here and running there we have a tundra chicken show up at our doorstep. Now, you may not think much about something like this but when was the last time you had a bird larger than a robin stand in your front yard and pose for you?

This was a cool break in the morning action. I had run into this girl a couple days ago when she let me to within about four feet of her. She's fat, has a bright red stripe on her brow, and is ready to lay eggs for spring.

I was slowly working my way to her with camera in hand only to notice a disturbance in the corner of the viewfinder. Ally the Wonder Huskie had decided to help me in my quest for the chicken.

As she stalked closer I held the shutter button.

The Mighty Hunter…Wasn't Even Close!



ArcticArtique.BlogSpot.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment