Saturday, May 27, 2017



Once again, I’m back!  It’s been a couple of weeks.  How’s everybody?  I am back in Galena Alaska; fire season has once again started.  We’ve had one small fire already but otherwise it has been cool and a bit rainy.  It’s still early in the season.


We had some issues getting internet set up so I have had limited to no internet access since arriving.  It seems to be working now. I just got back from my break and it was a busy one.  The storefront that Kitty and I will be working from is moving forward.  Property has been secured, construction and clean-up are underway.


Kitty and Willow have been going back and forth and forth and back preparing.  Kitty has the stock and the knowledge and experience.  Willow is learning and has secured the space.  Now it’s time for everything to come together.  By the way, this is most definitely going to be an autistic friendly place.



We were gifted a pair of very nice condition, older wooden rocking chairs a few days ago.  No repairs needed, no gluing and clamping…all I had to do was sand and paint.  We also have an older china hutch and cabinet that was gifted to us a while back.  It had a shabby coat of white paint that we immediately changed to black.  It looked nice…black outside with woodgrain inside.  We used it but it wasn’t complete.  We needed to make it pop to highlight our unique style of merchandise.  ‘Clown’s Nose’ paint from Dutch Boy was the answer.  It’s still needs some touchup but this is going to be a very nice display cabinet.



It was a very quick two days off and I napped as soon as I returned to camp.  I don’t what the future holds for Kitty and me but it looks now like we are rushing to it headlong.



I met a new friend when I arrived home.  This is Loki (Lo-Kee), an old boy that wasn’t up to making a trip stateside through Canada.  He’s almost 18 years old, he’s deaf and almost blind.  He has cancer lumps and his nails are so long they affect his walking.  I thought I was going to have to put him down but he has perked up some with the attention he’s been getting.  I don’t know how much longer the old boy has but we are trying to give him attention and the best care possible.  We’ll take care of him as long as we need to.  He’s a good old dog that deserves better than being dumped by his owner after 17 years.



I think that’s all I have to share with you this morning.  I’ll be in Galena for another two months.  Kitty’s doing her best trying to hold down the home front.  I’m doing whatever I can to try and help her from here.  It gets tough at times.  God never said that life was going to be easy.  We’ll make it!




ArcticArtique.BlogSpot.Com

Let The Good Time Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment